Monday, November 19, 2007

The journey begins -2

The fun element in being a blogger is slowly unfolding before me.

First of all, the narcissism part. I can see myself and my rapidly ageing profile so many times I want.

Also, I reckon there will be a connect between me and my target audience! ( where are they?) as they see me many times over. By the time I am through with a few more such blogs, I should be recognised somewhere on the road I am sure!
Seriously, I think I should let myself come up with looseners like the pace bowlers in cricket do - write out my first burst of creative wordage - before the speedy rhythm settles in, akin to the scorching pacers of modern cricket.
I have been happy with the initial rounds of comments I have got. As I was optimistically telling one of my local pals the other day - Look Boss, my blog is going to talk about the life of a 45-year old man, from the time he touched the dreaded 40s and once he is now in a mid phase of that age he should also logically talk about the next phase - the 50s.
Many, I am sure as I told him would identify with the life and times in the cyber and real world. There are so many out there, trapped in luckless careers and unprofessional working conditions and just cannot chuck it and go where they please. I atleast did it and barring a few pangs of helplessness once a while as I faced perplexing twists and turns , have been happy to be what I am.
Guys, this is the loosener I wanted to unleash on you hapless souls. The action will attain its normal pulsating speed from the coming posts.
Be sure of empathising scenarios and many such situations!!

2 comments:

Venkys said...

Dear Naresh ,
If permitted, I would like to add one more stratum to Maslow's pyramid - that of Self-Realization - something below the layers of transcendence and actualization for any human being to elevate himself/herself to. This idea could have purely stemmed from my cultural upbringing that pays lot of importance and the need to realize oneself. I, for one, feel that I am still teetering around this mythical slab, while you, with your current efforts, seem to have scaled greater heights to reach this level. Enviable as it is, that you could afford to do what you liked, and when your conscience demanded it, I am also happy that the circumstances have duly favored you apropos. I wish you all the very best in your quest, and hope you have a wonderful journey ahead. And, as and while you peregrinate to discover new vistas, do share it with a fellow pilgrim like me...I am finding my own way as I write these sentences, and hope to share with you in the near future!
All the very best,
Venky

chidambaram said...

"There are so many out there, trapped in luckless careers and unprofessional working conditions and just cannot chuck it and go where they please."

The above line struck a chord - I am in that situation and there has been a strong desire to break loose and and kickstart your professional life once again. Being in the very comfortable 'comfort' zone of a public sector job, it requires a lots of guts, brother. And since my experience is similar to yours and since i have also taken a decision to quit my present job in a PSU Bank which I had for 24 years for better and greener prospects, your experiences sure give me an encouragement and a positive boost to my confidence levels. Thanks brother.